Starting a new career after college can be exciting, but as with all new experiences it is bound to come with some level of uncertainty.
Here are some tips for how to succeed and make a great impression on your first day:
- Be on time! Try to get up extra early so that you can take your time getting ready and ensure you have sufficient time for your commute
- Make sure you follow the dress code
- Navigate the area around your workplace and become familiar with the area
- Be friendly! Introduce yourself to people you meet throughout the day
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions – other staff and employees will understand
- Be social with your coworkers, whether it’s grabbing coffee with them in the morning, or a bite to eat at lunch try to get to know your colleagues and learn from them both in and outside the workplace